If you’re heading to the store for some last minute Thanksgiving Day items for your dinner, don’t forget about the table! I know, adding something else to the list sounds like another chore, but this tablescape idea is super low cost and will take literally 10 minutes or less.
I was able to complete this design without actually buying anything and finished in approximately 8 minutes!
I listed the details below, but be creative!
You can use any glass jars you have at home, any old fall decor you have lying around, and any fall foliage that might be in your backyard – that’s what I did. A lot of the stores are selling these wispy leaves and they look great scattered about the table in some simple glass Mason or milk jars.
What you will need:
fall door hanger
- Cut the string into 5 pieces (or enough string for the number of jars that you have)
- Tie the string around the top of the glass jar and wrap the remainder of the string around the neck of the jar.
- Tie another knot at the end of the string. I left the pieces loose because I liked how it looks, but you could tie a bow or hide the string under the wrapped portion.
- Place the jars along the middle of your table. Add the fall foliage and play with it until you are happy with the look.
- I used an old fall door hanger that I got from the dollar store. I separated it into three pieces and placed them along the table next to the jars.
I absolutely love this look! It has some fresh elements to mix in with the average table decor that I had already on the table for special occasions like Thanksgiving dinner. Plus, $0, how can you beat that!